Monday, April 8, 2019

Its Been a Long While

It has been a very, very long time. And so much has changed!

Looking back at some of these posts... I was very young! I never got married in 2016, in fact, I called the wedding off. I really wasn't ready to get married, I think.

I have graduated college, I have gone through two jobs and have started a career I really love.  I have gotten so much more involved in my geeky hobbies and I just want to say, it really has changed my life.

I started LARPing (Live Action Role Play).  I play a Victorian Gaslamp Fantasy game called Xadune.  I have a character that has helped me grow into the person I am today, really.  I started as a meek librarian character and have grown into a confident leader. LARPing helped me find myself and find my voice, because I either spoke up or didn't get to do anything. It helped me advance my sewing and crafting beyond anything I had hoped to do in the past.  I have helped create fantasy worlds and expand on longstanding ideas. 

I began writing! It started with writing for Xadune, and it has turned into a new past time for me.  I participated (although didn't win) NaNoWriMo in 2018, and it broke a floodgate in my mind which let out a flood of words I could barely contain. 

I am beginning to love who I have become over the past few years.  I think I have a long way to grow, and there are still parts of me that I despise, but I have a great support group to help me and one day, I hope to become someone I am proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment